Monday, February 23, 2015

in which i think this post is about me

it's been a while since i've posted to my blog (like, a long while), so i thought i'd write a few things about myself to help the few readers of this thing get to know me better. either that, or i'm feeling particularly vain at the moment. i'll let you decide.

without further ado:

19 THINGS ABOUT NATALIE 

1. i really love pickles. if you gave me a jar of fresh, kosher dills, they'd be gone in a minute. no lie. 

2.  trivia games are my favorite. my dream is to one day be on jeopardy (except not, because then i would be so nervous)

3. when i first met my best friend, elizabeth, i thought she knew sign language because she made all these hand gestures while i would sing or whatever. turns out she's just really good at interpretive hand dancing. 

4. i used to hide in my dad's closet in hopes of finding another world in there (and this before i ever read narnia!)

5. my left elbow bends slightly inward.

6. socks are my favorite item of clothing. i have to restrain myself from buying several pairs anytime i enter a store, even though i have, like, a billion.

7.  i feel a physical pain and sorrow after finishing an especially good book. it takes me a few days to return to normal afterward.

8. i could eat chocolate chip cookies all day, er'ry day.

9. once i swam with a dolphin. (it was ok.)

10. i always cry when i listen to kenny loggins' "your heart will lead you home"

11. as an english major, people often ask, "what's your favorite book?" and i can never answer. i could no sooner pick a limb not to lose, to paraphrase the great Neil Gaiman. 

12. whenever i bake, i always sniff the vanilla. it's one of my favorite scents. 

13.  sometimes i think it'd be really cool to be a horse so i could gallop across the countryside.

14. i wish words like "balderdash" and "codswallop" and "shenanigans" were in more common use nowadays. 

15. when i have a significant other, i will call him "mon petit chou" because in french it means "my little cabbage" and i think that's beautiful

16. i want my life to be like you've got mail. 

17. i like to think my ultimate aim with fashion is to become an ethereal elf lady. 

18. i can't touch my toes. 

19. i am nineteen years old.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment