Thursday, November 14, 2013

In Which Andrew Bird (Again)

"being alone, it can be quite romantic
like Jacques Cousteau underneath the Atlantic
a fantastic voyage to parts unknown
going to depths where the sun's never shone
and i fascinate myself
                  when i'm alone

so i go a little overboard, but hang on to the hull
while i'm airbrushing fantasy art on a life
that's really kind of dull
oh, i'm in a LULL

i'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems
moderation itself can be a kind of EXTREME
so i joined the congregation
i joined the softball team
i went in for my confirmation
where incense looks like steam
i start conjugating proverbs
where once there were nouns
this whole rhyme scheme's
starting to get me
                             down

oh, i'm in a lull
i'm in a lull

i'm rambling on rather self-consciously
while i'm stirring these condiments into my tea
and i think i'm so lame, i bet i think this song's about me
don't i, don't i, DON'T I?

i'm in a lull."

No comments:

Post a Comment